Along with the popular searching trend for apartment for rent in District 2 from expats in Ho Chi Minh city, there raises a concern about what is the best international school for their children in the city. To answer this question, we’ve come up with the list of top 5 international schools, which are carefully selected, in hopes of making your own comparisons smoother and more pleasant!
International school is a great environment for expatriate family’s children in Ho Chi Minh city (Source: urbanistnetwork)
1. British International School
Primary Campus: 43 – 45 Tu Xuong, Dist. 3
Secondary Campus: 246 Nguyen Van Huong, Thao Dien, Dist. 2
Junior Campus: 225 Nguyen Van Huong, Thao Dien, Dist. 2
– Budget: 241,600,000 – 683,600,000 VND/Year
– Curriculum: National Curriculum for England; University of Cambridge Secondary Programme (IGCSE); International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
– Grade Range: Kindergarten – Grade 12
The British International School was founded in 1997 as Tiny Tots, a kindergarten. It is one of the leading international schools in South East Asia in general with over 2300 students from different 51 nationalities.
British International school is one of the oldest international schools in Ho Chi Minh (Source: nordangliaeducation)
2. Australian International School
THU THIEM CAMPUS (Kindergarten – Year 13): 264 Mai Chi Tho, An Phu, Dist. 2
THAO DIEN CAMPUS (Kindergarten – Year 6): APSC Compound, 36 Thao Dien street, Dist. 2.
XI CAMPUS (Kindergarten): 190 Nguyen Van Huong, Thao Dien, Dist. 2.
– Budget: 92,000,000 – 604,000,000 VND/Year
– Curriculum: Primary Years Programme (PYP); University of Cambridge Secondary Programme (IGCSE); International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
– Grade Range: Kindergarten – Grade 12
Founded in 2007, it is now one of the top IB World Schools in Vietnam with over 1200 students from 40 different nationalities at 3 campuses in District 2. AIS is well known for its holistic education and a nurturing learning environment.
Australian International School provides your kids a great international environment, especially those who are living in district 2 (Source: urbanistnetwork)
3. International School Saigon Pearl
– Address: 92 Nguyen Huu Canh, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District
– Budget: 149,600,000 – 408,500,000 VND/Year
– Curriculum: American
– Grade Range: Early Years – Grade 5
Located in Saigon Pearl Complex, the International School Saigon Pearl is a part of Cognita Schools Group, which focuses on an American-style curriculum. The campus now has over 1000 students from over 26 countries, providing a truly international environment and strong community for all children.
ISSP is now the only international elementary and early years school in HCMC to have the prestigious accreditation from the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
Saigon Pearl International School offers a good American curriculum for kids from early years to grade 5 range (Source: blogspot)
4. Saigon South International School
– Address: 78 Nguyen Duc Canh, Tan Phong Ward, Dist. 7
– Budget: 356,260,000 – 643,900,000 VND/Year
– Curriculum: Advanced Placement (AP); American; International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme(IBDP)
– Grade Range: Early years – 12th Grade
Saigon South International School was founded in 1997 by Phu My Hung Corporation. SSIS is the only non – profit international school in Ho Chi Minh city, which offers one of the best American curriculums in Vietnam.
SSIS has over 1000 students from over 39 countries. Most of teachers here come from North America, Australia and the United Kingdom. It was recently designated as an Apple Distinguished School – school that demonstrates Apple’s vision for learning with technology.
Saigon South IS has one of the best facilities among international schools in Ho Chi Minh (Source: international-schools)
5. Saigon Star International School
– Address: Residential Area No.5, Thanh My Loi Ward, Dist. 2
– Budget: 150,950,000 – 286,000,000 VND/Year
– Curriculum: English National Curriculum, International Early Years Curriculum, International Primary Curriculum and International Middle Years Curriculum
– Grade range: 2 – 12
Saigon Star International School is a multi-cultural pre-primary, primary and middle school in the center of District 2. In 2013, it became one of the first schools in Vietnam to adopt the International Primary Curriculum.
The school enrolls over 1000 students with more than 28 different nationalities. Besides, their Early Years Foundation Stage program (for ages 2-5) is a advanced level with combined elements from Montessori Learning Programs, supported by an fully qualified Montessori Specialist.
Saigon Star takes the lead in becoming the first school adopting the International Curriculum catered specifically for primary age in Vietnam (Source: cloudfront)
As you can see, Ho Chi Minh offers a variety of outstanding educational systems for expatriate families, especially in districts 2 – a very fast developing area favored by locals and expats. If you’re looking for a good facilities and environment in District 2, don’t hesitate to contact us. We have great apartment like Masteri Thao Dien for rent in District 2 – one of the most comfortable and worth-living residential apartment in Ho Chi Minh city.
This article is summarized by Modoho – a trusted agency in Ho Chi Minh city. If you need any help from a local expertise with free searching services (only landlord have to pay) feel free to contact us. Here is some listing for you:
- Masteri Thao Dien for rent.
- Vinhomes Central Park for rent.
- Estella Heights for rent.
- Apartment for rent in District 2 (Thao Dien).